- Triennial programme
- Who Is in this Group?
- Newsletter & Activities
- Biocides in Collections
- Abstracts - Past Triennials
- Useful Links
- Thangka Forum: Proceedings
- Adhesive Treatments: Leather
View this Working Group's...
< back to working groups
Who Is in this Group?
As of March 2013, there are approximately 100 members and 200 additional interested parties who contribute to the various activities of this Working Group: about 40% are from Europe, 40% from North America and the rest from other countries in the world. Anyone interested in taking part should contact Renata Peters
Statistics (as of March 2013): this working group consists of:
• 101 ICOM Members or Friends of ICOM-CC, or with institutional membership.
• 200 additional interested parties who contribute through various means (e.g. submission of articles, messages or announcements).
Areas of specialization and work environment:
• 88% are conservators, including conservation educators (21 or 9%) and managers; others include curators, conservation scientists, collection care specialists, Native heritage experts and consultants.
• 75% specialize in ethnographic objects or in objects. Other specialties include: Archaeological Objects, Native Issues, Preventive Conservation, Textiles, Leather, Metals, Pottery, Paper and Archival Documents, Wood, Sculpture, Musical Instruments, Paintings, Wall Paintings, Natural History, Plastics, Rock Art, Management.
• 49 work in the private sector (18%).
• 23 are students (9%).