Documentation Working Group
Triennial Programme 2014-2017
Working Group Activities and Projects 2014–2017:
- Update the webpage and add detailed content to make it more relevant and useful to Working Group members looking for information or best-practice on conservation documentation.
- Produce a newsletter(s) during the triennial period.
- Provide a contact point via the Working Group webpage for documentation users to share software, tools, thesauri, dictionaries, methodologies.
- Engage with creators and users of documentation within the conservation community in order to identify current needs as well as future priorities.
- Engage with national and international documentation projects and initiatives, (such as ConservationSpace, various EU project initiatives and others) and provide updates on these initiatives to the working group. Create a section on the Documentation Working Group webpage to catalog the many digital documentation initiatives and projects that have been undertaken or that are on-going.
- Distribute notifications of events, meetings, conferences relevant to conservation documentation to Working Group members.
- Collaborate actively with other ICOM-CC Working Groups as conservation documentation is an inherently interdisciplinary activity.
- Promote the use, awareness and importance of documentation created during research and conservation by organizing / collaborating in joint meetings with other Working Groups.
- Provide information and guidance on the use of software and on documentation practices around the world. Feature relevant use cases on the website and in the newsletters.
- Continue to increase the Working Group membership.