View this Working Group's...
< back to working groups
Murals, Stone, and Rock Art Working Group
Triennial Programme 2014-2017
Working Group Activities and Projects 2014–2017:
- Improve communication of the Murals, Stone, and Rock Art Working Group through use of the ICOM-CC webpage with the aim of reaching a wide audience of professionals and facilitating exchange of information and networking.
- Organize an Interim Meeting over the next three years, subject to logistical and funding requirements.
- Hold workshops in areas of interest to the Working Group, which will include one to coincide with the next Triennial Conference.
- Promote ICOM-CC and increase membership numbers in all subject areas covered by the working Group; encourage greater participation from less represented geographic regions.
- Identify specific themes of research and investigation of interest to Working Group members
- Encourage an exciting Working Group program at the next Triennial Conference in Copenhagen 2017.
- Seek partnerships and cooperation with other Working Groups in the organization of collaborative symposia, workshops and meetings.
Specific themes of research and investigations:
- Use of in situ non-invasive, non-destructive analytical and imaging techniques.
- Methods to assess and evaluate the influence of cleaning on surfaces.
- Methods to reduce past treatment materials in porous materials.
- Environmentally driven causes of deterioration and environmental control measures.
- Condition monitoring methods and techniques.
- Training and capacity building for in situ conservation.
- Community involvement in the management and conservation of sites.
- Raising awareness of rock art and its conservation threats.