|30/03-01/04||ICOM-CC Directory Board Meeting DB3 2016 Amsterdam|
|13-14||Joint Interim - Conservation Science and Education|
- Art Technological Source Research
- Education and Training in Conservation
- Glass and Ceramics
- Graphic Documents
- Leather and Related Materials
- Legal Issues in Conservation
- Modern Materials and Contemporary Art
- Murals, Stone and Rock Art
- Natural History Collections
- Objects from Indigenous and World Cultures
- Photographic Materials
- Preventive Conservation
- Scientific Research
- Sculpture, Polychromy and Architectural Decoration
- Theory and History of Conservation
- Wet Organic and Archaeological Materials
- Wood, Furniture and Lacquer
Joint Interim Meeting - Scientific Research & Education and Training in Conservation Working Groups
Conservation Science and Education
April 13-14, 2016
Joint Interim Meeting with ICOM-CC Working Groups Scientific Research, and Education and Training in Conservation and the Harvard Art Museums.
Harvard Art Museums and the Scientific Research, and Education and Training in Conservation Working Groups of ICOM-CC will be hosting a two day conference entitled Conservation Science and Education. The conference welcomes a broad interpretation of education, including the education of students of all types; donors and funding sources; the press and other media outlets. The aim of the conference is to examine an holistic way how education can support the establishment, growth and appreciation of science in a community that has a strong bias towards the humanities
This conference will be held immediately prior to the annual ANAGPIC meeting also at Harvard. Delegates will have the opportunity to attend both meetings, underlining the natural connection between the two. A visit to the Harvard-wide conservation laboratories will follow a day and a half of presentations.
The Call for Papers is now open and will close on November 30th 2015.
Abstracts will be selected on merit. Authors will be informed by December 18th 2015 of the decision by the organizing committee. No publications are planned for this event.