- Art Technological Source Research
- Education and Training in Conservation
- Glass and Ceramics
- Graphic Documents
- Leather and Related Materials
- Legal Issues in Conservation
- Modern Materials and Contemporary Art
- Murals, Stone and Rock Art
- Natural History Collections
- Objects from Indigenous and World Cultures
- Photographic Materials
- Preventive Conservation
- Scientific Research
- Sculpture, Polychromy and Architectural Decoration
- Theory and History of Conservation
- Wet Organic and Archaeological Materials
- Wood, Furniture and Lacquer
13th ICOM-CC Wet Organic Archaeological Materials (WOAM) Working Group Conference - 2016
CALL for PAPERS and POSTERS
16 - 21 May 2016 - Florence, Italy
For the 2013-2016 Triennial period, the Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Working Group is focusing on the following subjects:
• The ethics and practicalities of treating waterlogged materials, especially large structures or large assemblages.
• Documentation and characterization techniques for recording and assessing wet organics.
• In situ preservation of wet organic archaeological materials and sites?
• New treatment techniques and continued review of established methods.
• The treatment of composite materials.
• The treatment of non-wood organics.
• The display and storage of waterlogged (and previously waterlogged) organics.
• The role of sulfur and other contaminants in the deterioration of wood and other organics and ways to mitigate these effects.
Although papers and posters addressing these subjects are most welcome, the list is not inclusive and we encourage all original submissions covering topics relevant to the analysis, treatment, study and care of wet organic archaeological materials for consideration.
Deadline for poster and paper abstracts: 15 September 2015
Abstract submission to: firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload Call for Papers and Posters