- Art Technological Source Research
- Education and Training in Conservation
- Glass and Ceramics
- Graphic Documents
- Leather and Related Materials
- Legal Issues in Conservation
- Modern Materials and Contemporary Art
- Murals, Stone and Rock Art
- Natural History Collections
- Objects from Indigenous and World Cultures
- Photographic Materials
- Preventive Conservation
- Scientific Research
- Sculpture, Polychromy and Architectural Decoration
- Theory and History of Conservation
- Wet Organic and Archaeological Materials
- Wood, Furniture and Lacquer
4th Experts' Meeting on Enamel Conservation
Saturday 10 March 2012 (Categories: Metals)
We are pleased to announce that the next ICOM-CC Experts' Meeting on Enamel Conservation will take place in Barcelona on the 14th and 15th of June 2012.
The ENAMEL group of the ICOM-CC is a transversal group of the Glass and Ceramics and the Metal Working Groups.
Established in 2006, its primary goal is to facilitate exchange of information between conservators, conservation scientists and curators in charge of enamels on metal, since the combination of these two materials poses specific conservation issues which are not always addressed at ICOM-CC general meetings.
Experts in glass and metal conservation represent a small group and these biannual meetings are a chance to bring them together. This year the program presents 19 lectures covering the history and technology of enamels, as well as deterioration and conservation case studies. The lectures will be given by conservators, scientists and art historians from seven different countries.
For a detailed program and registration, please see www.corebarna.com
Hoping to welcome you in Barcelona this coming June!
Agnès Gall-Ortlik and Cátia Viegas Wesolowska ENAMEL ICOM-CC Glass & Ceramics and Metal Working Groupconference website