- Art Technological Source Research
- Education and Training in Conservation
- Glass and Ceramics
- Graphic Documents
- Leather and Related Materials
- Legal Issues in Conservation
- Modern Materials and Contemporary Art
- Murals, Stone and Rock Art
- Natural History Collections
- Objects from Indigenous and World Cultures
- Photographic Materials
- Preventive Conservation
- Scientific Research
- Sculpture, Polychromy and Architectural Decoration
- Theory and History of Conservation
- Wet Organic and Archaeological Materials
- Wood, Furniture and Lacquer
Metal 2013 Interim Meeting Call for Papers
Thursday 01 March 2012 (Categories: Metals)
The next Interim Meeting of the Metal Working Group, Metal 2013, will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland from September 16 - 20 2013.
Please see the Metal 2013 website at www.metal2013.org/index.html
The website will be updated with details of the conference, events, etc over the coming months. We hope to see you all there!
Call for Papers: Deadline 1 August 2012
Original papers are invited for submission under the following themes:
- Challenges of conserving industrial heritage
- Assessment methodologies such as the application of scientific techniques to further understanding of metal objects or assist in their conservation
- Archaeological and historical metal conservation (from both terrestrial and marine contexts)
- Conservation of outdoor sculpture and architectural metalwork
- In situ conservation of large or complex objects
- Composite objects
- Conservation of architectural and military objects
Research and Treatment Development
- Progress in conservation treatments such as stabilization techniques, cleaning, corrosion inhibitors, preventative conservation, risk management analysis
- New approaches in metal protection
- Conservation of wrought and cast iron
- Ethical considerations in conserving metals
- Documentation of metal objects and structures such as 3D reality capture, finite element analysis
Authors interested in presenting a paper should submit an extended abstract (400 – 600 words) by 1st August 2012. The work must be original and not previously published. Contributions should be in English and include the contact information for the author(s) (affiliation, address, telephone, fax and e-mail). The abstracts should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Any questions should also be sent to this e-mail address.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Programme Committee based on three criteria: originality, quality and contribution to the field of conservation.
After abstracts are reviewed and approved, all presenters will be required to submit a complete paper for publication in the conference proceedings.
Call for Posters: Deadline 1 November 2012
Abstracts are invited for the poster session at Metal 2013. Please submit a maximum 150 word description of the proposed poster which must include the following information: title, author and co-authors’ names, contact details for each author including postal and e-mail addresses, and 5 examples of graphics that will appear on the poster (photographic images, graphs, maps etc.) Please note that it is essential that all authors prepare their abstract using the template which will be available shortly. Abstracts and completed posters must be written in English.
The objective of the poster session is to encourage an informal and interactive setting for authors to present their work. Posters are an ideal way to showcase interesting, innovative and current conservation research and practice.
The posters will be selected based on quality, originality, importance and relevance. Technical posters, descriptions of completed work and work in progress, are all welcome. It is envisaged that around 25 posters will be selected for display at the conference. Authors should be aware that only one submission by the same primary author will be considered.
Please submit abstracts via e-mail to email@example.com Any questions should also be sent to this e-mail address. The closing date for poster abstracts is 1st November 2012.Metal 2013 website