- Triennial programme
- Research projects
- Past interim meetings
- Past Triennial Conferences
- Related institutions
- Rome 2010 - Multidisciplinary Conservation: A Holistic View For Historic Interiors
- Krakow 2007 - Uphostery Joint Interim Meeting
- Adhesive Treatments: Leather
View this Working Group's...
< back to working groups
LRM wg interim meetings
2012 – 10th Interim meeting, 29-31 August 2012, Deutsches Ledermuseum Schuhmuseum, Offenbach. Abstracts. Proceedings are available for ICOM-CC members only in the page HERE.
Working group: Leather and Related Materials.
2010 – Joint interim meeting, Multidisciplinary conservation: a holistic view for historic interiors, 23-26 March 2010, Complesso del San Michele, Roma, ICOM-CC, Rome 2010. Abstracts. Proceedings are available on the page "Multidisciplinary Conservation: A Holistic View for Historic Interiors".
Working groups: Leather and Related Materials; Mural Paintings, Stones, and Rock Art; Sculpture, Polychromy, and Architectural Decoration; Textile; Wood, Furniture, and Lacquer.
2007 - Joint interim meeting, Upholstery +, 13-18 May 2007, Jagiellonian University, Krakow. Abstracts (relating Leather and Related Materials WG only).
Working groups: Leather and Related Materials; Textile; Wood, Furniture, and Lacquer.
Full length papers/posters available:
- Hanging of a XVIIth century Italian gilt leather at the musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris, by C. Bonnot-Diconne, J.P. Fournet, B. Rondot
- Drying of leather book bindings affected by the 2002 flood, by M. Součkova
- Gilt leather wall hangings at Dyrham Park. A trial for rehanging, by T. Sturge
2004 - Joint interim meeting, Recent preoccupations concerning textiles, leather, legislation, 21-24 April 2004, Byzantine & Christian Museum, Athens, ICOM-CC Working Group Leather and Related Materials, www.lulu.com, 2007. Proceedings (relating Leather and Related Materials WG only).
Working groups: Leather and Related Materials; Legal Issues in Conservation; Textile.
2000 – Interim meeting, Leather as a covering material, 18-20 October 2000, Museu de l’Art de la Pell, Vic, 2003. Proceedings.
1998 - Interim meeting, The conservation of gilt leather, 25-27 March 1998, KIK/IRPA, Brussels, ICOM-CC Working Group Leather and Related Objects, www.lulu.com, 2007. Proceedings.
1995 – Interim meeting, The treatment of and research into leather, in particular of ethnographic objects, 5-8 April 1995, Centraal Laboratorium, Amsterdam. Full Proceedings & full length papers available:
- The Transfer and Restoration of an Eighteenth Century- Gilt Leather Screen by Thomas Bilson, Céline Bonnot
- Tensioning Gilded and Painted Leather: a Research Project by Mariabianca Paris
- The Formation of Cracks on Leather with Respect to Gilt Leather by Richard Moroz
- First Experiences with a Light Metal Stretching Frame system for Leather Tapestries in Climatically Instable Rooms by Andreas Schulze
- Shoe Conservation: Freeze-drying Problems? by June Swann
- What is Wrong with Freeze-drying? by Olaf Goubitz
- Bookbindings and Folders Made of Gilt Leather by Eloy Koldeweij
- Durability Test of Six New Bookbinding Leathers by Pieter B. Hallebeek
- Preliminary Report on the Examination of Leather Bookbindings Belonging to the National Library of Greece by Ekaterini Malea, Angeliki Stassinou, Vassilis Kilikoglou, Ioannis A. loannidis, David Watkinson
- Revised Guidelines for the Conservation of Leather and Parchment Bookbindings by Ko van de Wateringe
- Stabilization of a Large Rawhide Shadow Puppet. Ethics, Materials, Micro Environment by Diana H. Dicus
- The Effect of the Thermo-Lignum Pest Eradication Treatment on Leather and Other Skin Products by Roy S. Thomson
- Study on the Stability of Leather Treated with Polyethylene Glycol by Claire Chahine, Christine Rottier
- The Collection of the Egyptian Department of the Musée du Louvre: Primary Results of the Study by Véronique Montembault
- Some Conservation Problems Encountered when Treating Shoes by Marion Kite
- The conservation of some leather upholstery from Brodsworth Hall by Aline Angus and Salwa-Victoria Joram
- Some Remarks on the Conservation and the Exhibition of Ethnographic Leather by Laura M. Chiotasso, Costantino Sarnelli
- The Deltaplan and Skin-Related Materials by Jaap van der Burg
- Conservation of a 17th- and 18th-Century Polish Gala Saddle Accessories from the Collections of the National Museum in Poznañ by Dorota Jutrzenka-Supryn, Halina Rosa
- Preserving Unique Specimens by Anne Lisbeth Schmidt
- Remounting Gilt Leather Tapestries with Velcro by Vivi Lønborg Andersen
- System to Refill Lacunae by Isabel Herráez Martín
1989 – Interim meeting, Internationale Leder- und Pergamenttagung. International leather and parchment symposium, vom 8. Mai bis 12. Mai 1989, Offenbach am Main: Deutsches Ledermuseum; Deutsches Schuhmuseum, 1989.
1986 – Interim meeting, Symposium on ethnographic and water-logged leather, 9-11 June 1986, Centraal Laboratorium, Amsterdam, CL 1986.