- Triennial programme
- DEMHIST / ICOM-CC Joint Interim Meeting 2012: The Artifact, Its Context and Their Narrative
- Multidisciplinary Conservation: A Holistic View For Historic Interiors
- UPHOLSTERY+ Joint Interim Meeting, Krakow 2007
- Thangka Forum: Proceedings
View this Working Group's...
< back to working groups
Textiles Working Group
Triennial Programme 2014-2017
Working Group Activities and Projects 2014-2017:
- Working Group newsletters: The Textiles Working Group plans to publish two newsletters per year to inform their colleagues about their research, special projects, and recent developments in conservation. We will seek colleagues to describe the state of textile conservation in their countries, with the hope of presenting, country-by-country, an overview of the textile conservation scene in private studios, conservation laboratories in museums and institutions, and training programmes worldwide.
- Interim meetings, symposia, workshops, partnerships, cooperation with other Working Groups groups or ICOM International Committees: Assistant Coordinator, Suzan Meijer and colleague Bianca du Mortier are exploring the possibility of a joint session of the ICOM-CC Textiles Working Group and the ICOM International Committee for Museums and Collections of Costume (COSTUME). COSTUME would like to host a selected group of costume conservators and curators to explore issues including treatments, mannequin/form selection, and ethics. We will continue discussions with the Directory Board about this. Should plans progress, we will follow the guidelines for the use of the ICOM CC logo and coordinate with the ICOM-CC Secretariat.
- Projects related to ICOM-CC 2014-2017 Strategic Plan and the 2017 Triennial Conference: We will solicit papers related to the Conference theme, Linking Past and Future. Certain aspects of textile – in particular our understanding of “reversibility” and use of adhesives – have significantly changed in the last fifty years; it would be beneficial to have papers that address these topics.