- Triennial programme
- Research areas and newsletters
- Thangka Forum: Proceedings
- The Non Invasive Analysis of Painted Surfaces: Scientific Impact and Conservation Practice
View this Working Group's...
< back to working groups
Research areas and newsletters
- Historical studies of painting materials
- Technical art history
- Studies into the deterioration of artist’s materials, including the dynamic interaction between pigments and media
- Studies on mechanical behaviour of paintings materials
- Structural conservation of paintings, stabilisation and consolidation
- Retouching and varnishing strategies
- Novel treatments
- Painted miniatures
The working group aims to produces a yearly Newsletter, with occasional email postings as necessary. A yearly request to update contact information will be sent via email. The membership of this group is large and to help us stay in contact we urge all to provide an email address.
For information, please contact the Working Group's Co-ordinators.