Natural History Collections Working Group
Triennial Programme 2014-2017
Working Group Activities and Projects 2014–2017:
- Build on the previous programme and progressions of previous triennia looking specifically at building a strong international network in the specialism.
- Create new and strengthen existing partnerships with other groups representing natural history conservation underlining shared goals and commitments such as partnerships with relevant groups in their country of residence, e.g. Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) .
- Continue progressing towards building standards of best practice in natural history conservation specifically through engagement and partnership in the Clothworkers' Standards Project.
- Investigate platforms to engage with Working Group members and increase membership.
- Publish an annual issue of the ICOM-CC Natural History Collections newsletter including a section on recent and relevant publications of interest.
- Network on news, publications and events relevant to natural history conservation through our partnerships.