Modern Materials and Contemporary Art Working Group
Triennial Programme 2014-2017
Working Group Activities and Projects 2014–2017:
- Actively and regularly circulate relevant information with Working Group members via group emails (conferences, meetings, publications, job postings); post news and information on the Modern Materials and Contemporary art working Group webpage, maintain a dynamic webpage.
- Create at least one newsletter per year; strive to make it engaging, informative, and a useful resource.
- In keeping with the ICOM-CC Strategic Plan 2014-2017, create a special issue of the newsletter dedicated to the history of the Working Group as part of the ICOM-CC History Project.
- Plan at least one meeting; the theme of kinetic art is being currently considered. It would take place in Milan, Italy, possibly in collaboration with the Museo del Novecento, and be timed to coincide with ICOM’s General Conference (July 2016). Another idea being explored would be to focus the Interim Meeting on the conservation of biological materials in contemporary art (food, bodily fluids, etc.) possibly in Istanbul. Explore options for publishing post-prints.
Create synergies and work in partnership with other Working Groups:
- The Interim Meeting might be organized in partnership with the Sculpture, Polychromy, and Architectural Decorations Working Group. Explore the possibility of holding joint sessions during the next Triennial Conference with other Working Groups (Sculpture, Polychromy, and Architectural Decorations, Legal Issues in Conservation, Theory and History of Conservation, Scientific Research, and Documentation working Groups could all be relevant).
- Continue exploring possible synergies and collaboration avenues with the International Network for the Conservation of Contemporary Art (INCCA).
- In keeping with ICOM-CC strategic plan 2014–2017, seek to expand the Working Group membership base outside Western Europe and North America in order to be more inclusive.